Wednesday, August 08, 2007

First shots

Brett had his 8-week check-up today (OK, so he's 10 weeks old, apparently it doesn't matter that much!), which means he had to have 4 shots for vaccinations! I was explaining it to him yesterday and I told him that typically we have a "no needles in the baby" policy, but that we had to waive it for today because the shots were for his own good. He took the first one like a champ, mostly because he was really hungry and they'd just given him an oral vaccine, which worked out well, but then he definitely protested the other three. He has his first little Band-aids. I can't imagine how hard it will be to watch someday when he's in major physical pain, because it was hard enough to watch this. Oh, how I wish there was a way to keep him from ever feeling physical or emotional pain. But, I guess that wouldn't be a normal life.

As an update, he weighed 11 pounds and half an ounce, so he's still doing well gaining weight. His height was 23.5 inches, although neither Craig nor I thought the nurse stretched his legs out all the way, so who knows on that one!

No comments: