Friday, February 09, 2007

When will winter be over?

So as you noticed, since I haven't blogged in a long time I just threw up a desperation post of the top ten facts about Jack Bauer, copied from an email. These are admittedly very funny, but it seems to be cheating. I think I haven't been in the blogging mood lately in part because this whole winter thing is really getting to me this year. Cold makes me miserable. I don't like not being able to go outside very much. I don't know if I'm just getting old, but this winter is definitely making me crochety.

A few bright spots:

I was sitting by the big window in our living room on a recent Saturday morning and I could hear birds chirping, and it was like there was a little hole in winter and spring was peeking through.

Most of the snow and ice is finally almost totally melted from our front yard and sidewalk. This is especially good, since because the way the sun hits our street, our neighbors across the street haven't had snow in their yards for days and days.

Those few hours, was it last Tuesday? It was 52 degrees. I went outside at work and stood in the sun for a few seconds without my coat. As I went back inside to get back to work, I believed especially that humans were not meant to work in offices with no windows in front of computers.

Wow, so this was uplifting, wasn't it? I just wanted you all to wallow in my wintry misery with me for a few minutes. :) Thanks for indulging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with you, girl! As of right now, I am sipping a hot beverage, wearing multiple layers, and planning on sleeping under my electric blanket. When will spring come?!

liz said...

" 'Cuz when it's always winter, but never Christmas, sometimes it feels like You're not with us; but in the midst of all this ice and snow, our hearts stay warm 'cuz they are filled with hope."
--relient K

Charlene Armitage said...

Good encouragement, Liz, thank you!