Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nothing but bad news.

Can I just tell you that I really dislike watching the local news? There is nothing that will make me feel depressed about the world faster than watching it. Really, Craig and I will watch for about 7 minutes and then have to change the channel. Tonight: woman found in trunk of car at Liberty Hospital. Woman tries to smother her foster child at Children's Mercy. Someone robs a Quizno's. Do I really need to know these things (except maybe the Liberty thing--that was like 4 minutes from our house)? Can't I just live in happy oblivion imagining that we aren't all out killing or trying to kill each other? Oh, it's OK, an "Everybody Loves Raymond" rerun is on now. Thank goodness. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. We were watching the news last night and I told Tim I just couldn't take it anymore--turn it off! This kind of information filtered in my brain right before I go to bed is NOT good.

Seinfeld, Fraser, Everybody Loves Raymond...take your pick of my favorite 'lullabyes' to get me to sleep.

-Ashley

Anonymous said...

Yes, the news is sad. I can't stand hearing about the school shootings lately too--3 in the last week in our nation.
Ashley, why in the world were you up at 4:32 am??? You may wonder about me at 1am, but I am going to bed now.
Good night, and sweet dreams to all!

Anonymous said...

I simply don't watch the news anymore. It is sensationalistic (sp?). What would happen if a news station decided to air only positive stories? I tend to get information overload and then have a mental shut down. We used to wake up to NPR but between each hit of the snooze button I would dream of terrorists! No more! Now we wake up to an annoying beep...or Ben yelling that he's "hungy!" Much love, E!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..I typed my comment at 11:42 NE DAVIDSON TIME and it said it posted at 9:48. Did cyberspace already have some funky daylight savings time warp? E!